Insanity.

My car is in the middle of my street, pointing straight into my driveway. On each side of me in the street are two police cars, blocking my movement in any direction except straight forwards or backwards. A small crowd is observing the spectacle. I'm not sure why I'm in trouble, but one of my friends is trying to cause a distraction to allow me to escape. He is standing on one of those small band stages that they set up at county fairs for the crummy local bands, which has been placed in my neighbors’ yard. He speaks into a megaphone:

"Woody, this is YOUR driveway, IS - IT - NOT?"

I nod from inside my car.

"Well then... GET OFF OF YOUR DRIVEWAY!!"

In the dream it seemed like he had just said something extremely clever that indicated that I should floor it and drive my car into the driveway to escape. I wasn't even on my driveway, so I don’t know how I was expected to ‘GET OFF’ of it. Regardless, I understood him.

In my mind, I imagined the front wheels of my car spinning and smoking as I accelerated. Unfortunately, I drive a 2.2L 1984 LeBaron convertible, perhaps one of the slowest cars ever. What I really did was ease on the gas and start moving into the driveway at about 4 miles per hour as I ducked down in my seat.

Seeing my attempt to 'escape', a bystander drew what looked to be some kind of high-tech crossbow and fired it at me. He missed and hit my dad, observing from the open garage, in the arm. It turns out the weapon only looked like a crossbow, but was indeed just a rifle. I was pissed now.

I stopped my car in front of the porch and lept out in a rage.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!! I AM GOING TO FUCKING SNIPE EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU!!!"

I ran into the house just behind my dad. My anger was intense. I was planning on going upstairs and shooting the crossbow/rifle guy in his leg or foot or something. Just to hurt him, but not kill him. The only weapon I had available, however, was a BB gun.

"Dad, do we have anything bigger?"
"Yes, hold on."

I waited by the window as he went to grab the rifle that my parents think I don't know about. As I was waiting, the scene shifts...
My immediate family is inspecting the house of a close family friend who is about to pass away from a mysterious terminal illness. The house is more or less a mansion.

We quickly found the pool area, and my brother and my dad and I all hop into the hot tub. We are relaxing and enjoying ourselves, when all of a sudden miscellaneous teenagers start to show up. They are all from the class of 2002 at my former high school, now one year younger than I. Whenever they wander close to the hot tub they give us the stink-eye, like they belong in there, not us. My family wonders what is going on.

Soon, the daughter of our dying friend shows up, and we learn that she is taking this opportunity of not having any parents around to throw a big party. Our family all comments about how insensitive and inappropriate this is. Then...

CRASH!!!

An enormous noise. I am scared shitless. A close lightning strike in real life knocks out the power in my apartment, and I awaken.