user since
Tue Oct 22 2002 at 20:50:34 (21.5 years ago )
last seen
Sat Jul 20 2019 at 05:01:55 (4.7 years ago )
number of write-ups
3 - View Eros's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 15
mission drive within everything
Concrescence
specialties
Dreams, love, spirituality, the internet
school/company
Otaku, Supercriminals, PartyBoys
motto
A simple smile has the power to start a chain reaction of love that can spread throughout the entire world and alter the course of history. Who you are is the love that you share; and that love is God. The simple secret to improving humanity is this: know that the love you give to others is equal to the love you will have when you die. (near-death.com)
most recent writeup
Dream Log: September 27, 2004
Send private message to Eros

E2 Bookmarks
Art has an actual purpose
Lessons on life, love and things of utter importance
Unconditional love
crazy like a fox
the lowest spiritual common denominator
The Science of Oneness
Nityananda
Thich Quang Duc
crazy like a fox
reality-based community
Reactionary Personality Syndrome
Principles of adventure design
Open Roleplaying Game
How to run a role-playing game
Merkaba



Quotations

"After three thousand years of explosion, by means of fragmentary and mechanical technologies, the Western world is imploding. During the mechanical ages we had extended our bodies in space. Today, after more than a century of electric technology, we have extended our central nervous system itself in a global embrace, abolishing both space and time as far as our planet is concerned. Rapidly, we approach the final phase of the extensions of man - the technological simulation of consciousness, when the creative process of knowing will be collectively and corporately extended to the whole of human society, much as we have already extended our senses and our nerves by the various media."
Marshall McLuhan - Understanding Media (1964)

"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."
Terence Mckenna - The Great Insight (http://deoxy.org/t_quotes.htm#2a)

"There are no magic answers, no miraculous methods to overcome the problems we face, just the familiar ones: honest search for understanding, education, organization, action that raises the cost of state violence for its perpetrators or that lays the basis for institutional change -- and the kind of commitment that will persist despite the temptations of disillusionment, despite many failures and only limited successes, inspired by the hope of a brighter future.
Noam Chomsky

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination. These are easy to perceive in the totalitarian societies, much less so in the system of 'brainwashing under freedom' to which we are subjected and which all too often we sere as willing or unwitting instruments."
Noam Chomsky

"The existentialists ... mock the notion of a complete and fully satisfying life. The life of every man, whether he explicitly recognizes it or not, is marked by irreparable losses. Man cannot help aspiring toward the goods of this world, nor can he help aspiring toward the serene detachment from the things of this world which the traditional philosopher sought; but it is not within his power to achieve either of these ambitions, or having achieved them to find therein the satisfaction he had anticipated."
Existentialism; Olson, p. 14 (http://www.tameri.com/csw/exist/exist.html)

"The fundamental principles of modern capitalism can be put this way: Guaranteeing maximum profits through the exploitation, ruination and enslavement of the majority of the population of the given country, through the systematic plundering of the people in other countries, in particular the undeveloped nations, and finally through war and economic militarization. All these contribute to high profits."
Josef Stalin

"You see, dad, professor McLuhan says the environment that man creates becomes his medium for defining his role in it. The invention of type created linear, or sequential, thought, seperating thought from action. Now, with TV and folk singing, thought and action are closer and social involvement is greater. We again live in a Village. Get it?"
Marshall McLuhan - The Medium is the Massage

You can recite sutras about unclouded awareness all day, but often it's only when the zen master hits you over the head with a rubber chicken that you actually notice that she's been holding a rubber chicken.
http://www.sniggle.net

"Only intoxication stands between this book--and silence."
Hakim Bey - TAZ

"It is time for your species to take a step that is as significant as the one taken by the waterAnimals in their migration to land. You must give awakened answer to a set of crises, and secure an opportunity for mutual rescue together. It is time for your people to awaken to the stories of their genesis, their lineages and their birthrights as children of the stars. It is time to repair your relations with the crack in the mirror of yourself that you call language. Humans have mismetaphied the toys they create metaphor with, and this breaks your minds in way that causes you to attack yourselves and the living libraries of Earth.
We left the keys to eternal celebration, mutual uplift and universal library access in your hands and eyes. I am revealing all that we can to you of the problems and solutions, it is up to you to set the eyes of others who would know us directly toward the incredible opportunities for liberty that they themselves embody and represent. Please, use the toys to save each other, and your world — not to make new dogmas or cults.
There is no need to burn up the universe seeking for or duplicating broken copies of what you have always possessed — and now possess in greater measure than the most provocative of your fictions could imply. Your birthrights are activated when you build unity, and silenced when you demand an isolation that claims to be unity."
Organelle (www.organelle.org/itmnb/impossible.htm)