''who are you? Are you, like, my copy, or something?''
he asked me when I finished his sentence, as I usually do.

''no, you're my copy, but with a cock!''
- I said while we were both bursting into a contagious laughing cascade.
Ever since he entered my life, things fit in like pieces of a puzzle, as rain quenches the thirst of deserts. Like the pathogen-associated molecule pattern is recognized only by the specific receptor on the surface of cells, I detect him to be a part of myself. I cannot imagine life without him now.

Somehow, I always thought that love is supposed to bring a little heartache, otherwise, it isn't love. But, then I realised that this is a stupid rule, imposed by the past, and there is no reason why I shouldn't erase everything and apply the principle: ''Live as you're supposed to die tomorrow, love as you've never loved before''.
And it worked. I forgot everything that happened before we met and I've been rejoicing in this feeling ever since.

Funny thing, we knew each other since high-school...

''The first day you came in our class, I saw you and I stood shattered, mesmerised in my desk, thinking that this girl is never going to give a chance to a guy like me...I had such a big crush on you ever since I saw you for the fist time!''

I smiled and answered that I never thought that he would ever notice me...
''You, with your sleek attitude, always cool and never saying a wrong thing; you seemed so above us all and full of experiences we're never allowed to live.''

''Yeah, I was just shy and afraid of rejection, like all of us...You know, I think we were supposed to be together, but we needed to be ready for it. We were always looking for each other but we needed to learn a few things, like two halves, simultaneously under pressure in two separate ovens and then bounded together...haha! I just gave a stupid example, but the main idea is that we both needed to ressurect like phoenixes and find each other again in order to complete a whole...I'm so lucky to have you!''

''No, I am so lucky to have you!''