Dinesh D’Souza

A self-proclaimed “enfant terrible of the Reagan Revolution,” Dinesh D’Souza is a relatively famous American conservative and political pundit. He currently serves as the Robert and Karen Rishwain Fellow at the Hoover Institute of Stanford University. He is, in most discernable ways, a strict Libertarian, who has been known to challenge many conventional Republican beliefs. He is particularly vocal on issues of race and social economics. As of Now, he mainly publishes short articles for mainstream news outlets and speaks at prestigious American universities. He lives in San Diego with his wife Dixie and his daughter Danielle.

Dinesh D’Souza was born on April 25, 1961 in Bombay, India. After receiving what must have been a more than adequate education from a Jesuit school in India, D’Souza emigrated from India to the United States in 1977. After spending one year in Arizona, as a Rotary Exchange Student, he entered Dartmouth College. At Dartmouth, D’Souza helped spawn a rebirth of conservatism amongst American undergraduates, with his editing of The Dartmouth Review. For his work there, he received the first place prize “for in-depth reporting” from the Society of Professional Journalists. He graduated from Dartmouth in 1983 with a Master’s degree in English, and moved on to serve as the editor of the Princeton University Alumni Association’s Prospect magazine, which covered contemporary issues in American academia. In 1985, he took the editing job for Policy Review. After a particularly successful year at Policy Review, D’Souza became the senior domestic policy analyst at the White House for the Reagan Administration. After Reagan left office, D’Souza, with his newly earned notoriety, began to publish his ideas.

His first book, New York Times bestseller Illiberal Education, was published in 1991. Since then, he has published five other nationally acclaimed titles:

The End of Racism (1995)

Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader (1997)

The Virtue of Prosperity (2000)

What’s So Great About America (2002)

Letters to a Young Conservative (2002)

Any conservative, or other “interested citizen” should familiarize themselves with the works of this man. Although not astoundingly groundbreaking, D’Souza definitely warrants attention.

Sources:

www.wikipedia.com
www.dineshdsouza.com/
www.ashbrook.org/events/lecture/1987/dsouza.html