A 1987 album by George Harrison, produced by future Traveling Wilburys bandmate Jeff Lynne. Though most of the attention and praise for Harrison's solo work is lavished on the triple album All Things Must Pass, as it should be, this little gem is often overlooked. At the time, it was his first album in five years, and it was a commercial success, mostly on the strength of the hit single "Got My Mind Set on You", as well as a critical one. As a result, Harrison returned to the public eye for a few years in the late 80s and early 90s, touring sucessfully and working with the Wilburys until he retreated into the obscurity of his private life again, where he would largely remain until his death.

The album is perhaps best described as insubstantial, not in the sense of being inconsequential or lightweight, but etheral, intangible pop tunes without the mystical freight of some of his other work. The cover, with Harrison in mirror shades and a Hawaiianesque shirt, clearly indicate he's having fun here, but it's not all upbeat, as the clouds behind him are tinged with grey.

  1.   Cloud 9
  2.   That's What It Takes
  3.   Fish on the Sand
  4.   Just for Today
  5.   This Is Love
  6.   When We Was Fab
  7.   Devil's Radio
  8.   Someplace Else
  9.   Wreck of the Hesperus
  10.   Breath Away from Heaven
  11.   Got My Mind Set on You