God, its been cold the last few nights.

The sidewalk has been frozen for weeks. The wind has been worse than ever. I found a new refrigerator box, but the snow has soaked through it and has started to leak in.

Thank the lord for all these clothes:

  • I have a sweater I picked up off the ground when an NYU student was running and dropped it.
  • These pants I found in dumpster.
  • After rooting through the dumpster behind the Javits Center, I found a bunch of the t-shirts from the Internet convention I have on.
  • I got some good plastic bags for my head and feet there, too.
  • I went by the shelter and snagged a jacket. It's got a couple holes but that's ok.
  • I got this skirt (way too small but its an extra layer) I found on the street. It's an ugly lime green, but at least its more warmth.

I heard some guy in a suit say that this has been the worst winter in decades while he dropped a quarter in my cup. He said it with a look of pity in his eyes. But behind that, there seemed to be a glow of pride, seemingly because he felt he was doing a great deed.

I guess something is better than nothing, but if you are proud of yourself for giving me pocket change or clothes you would otherwise throw out, you need a wake up call. You wanna be proud of your self, feel like you've been charitable, give me a job and a house. Put YOURSELF out a little and then you can pat yourself on the back.

I don't need your self-aggrandizing pity. All your clothes and money do for me is keep me alive for another day of pain.