Today we had a power outage......

It was probably enjoyable, I had a problem to solve so I was occupied.

Not knowing how long the outage would last, I decided to make a fire in the fireplace. The problem aarose, however, at the discovery of only five pieces of would in the basket. Obviously this would not be enough for a fire that should last at least three hours, so I set to work on getting more.

My Family keeps its wood pile in the garage, behind the car. We have a monumentous heap right there spanning the entire back wall of a rather large garage. That, however, is not important right now. What is, is the fact that our garage door is electric, and being that therewas a power outage, I had to figure out how to open it. I went to my mother assuming whe would know, and she had, but now she couldn't remember.

"it involves something with pulling a chord attached to a lock, that you have to open wth a strange key."

Her words weren't exactly inspiring. So we went to our basement, and retrieved the garage key. We opened the lock in the middle of the garage door, and pulled out the chord. She then remembered having to jerk the string, and we did, with the same apprehensive strength you use when installing your first RAM chip. So naturally we couldn't dislocate the attachment mechanism.

Eventually we wound up calling the installers of our door, who happened to be in the area, and he showed up, gave the chord a hard jerk, dislocating the thing, and we were able to enter our garage and retrieve wood.

Well it was more entertaining thhan sitting on the computer all night.