The Reed Neighborhood is a mostly residential neighborhood in SE Portland, OR. It is a small neighborhood, surrounded by Holgate Street on the north, Reed College on the south, by 39th Avenue on the east, and by the Portland's main north-south freight railroad line on the west.

As is common with Portland neighborhoods, the official boundaries of the 'Reed Neighborhood' are not what people would actually use. Many people who live on the east or south side of the Reed College campus would probably refer to themselves as living around Reed, simply because Reed is the largest landmark in the area.

The Reed neighborhood is distinctive from the surrounding areas, however. It is much more quiet and residential than the Powell Boulevard commercial district to the North, but has many more apartment complexes and lower to medium middle class homes than the area south of Reed College. The area south of Reed College seems to be where Reed's professor's live, while the Reed neighborhood itself is where many of Reed's students live.

The neighborhood has an interesting history. In the 1920s, landscaper Andrew Lambert planted over 17 acres of it with a series of private gardens, known as the Lambert Gardens. However, these private gardens were later sold to developers who built over them.