Buck Rogers
Feeder
He's got a brand new car
Looks like a Jaguar
It's got leather seats
It's got a CD player, player, player, player...

But I don't wanna talk about it anymore

I think we're gonna make it
I think we're gonna save it yeah
So don't you try and fake it
Anymore, anymore

We'll start over again
Grow ourselves new skin
Get a house in Devon
Drink cider from a lemon, lemon, lemon, lemon...
But I don't wanna talk about it anymore

I think we're gonna make it
I think we're gonna save it yeah
So don't you try and fake it
Anymore, anymore

I think we're gonna make it
I think we're gonna save it yeah
So don't you try and fake it
Anymore, anymore

He's got a brand new car
He's got a brand new car

I think we're gonna make it
I think we're gonna save it yeah
So don't you try and fake it
Anymore, anymore

I think we're gonna make it
I think we're gonna save it yeah
So don't you try and fake it
Anymore, anymore

Buck Rogers is probably Feeder’s single best known song, and it’s one of my favourites. It was released on single in January 2001, and was also included on superb album Echo Park, released in April 2001. It was used in the film Behind Enemy Lines, and if you’re a fan of Channel 4 programme Teachers, you will have heard it there. Along with every other track Feeder have ever done.

For people who’ve never heard the song, at the point in the lines where the lyrics “CD player, player, player” and “lemon, lemon, lemon...” kick in, the words player and lemon are repeated not just three times, but indefinitely, at a loud volume. I tried to count the number of times that they’re sung – for completeness’ sake – but I kept losing count around the twenty mark...

After an appeal for information about the title of this song, Mike1024 came to the rescue... the story behind the song is basically that the eponymous Mr Buck Rogers has caused the singer’s relationship with his girl to end. It’s this Buck Rogers who had the flashy car. But the singer wants to put this usurper behind them, and he doesn't “wanna talk about it anymore”. Instead, he hopes to start afresh, and “get a house in Devon”.