When I went to the "Musee Rodin" in Paris I realized how incredibly moving sculpture can be. I have always appreciated art including all forms of it...but to be truly impassioned by something is the mark of an artist. Rodin is an artist. He knows his craft, is able to use it. Often artists are either wonderful with their technique or have good ideas but to truly combine the two...Rodin is able to express love in ways that words cannot come close to. The Hand of God is incredible. A man and a woman entangled cupped in a giant hand. Parts are unfinished, using Michelangello's technique of what to 'free' from the marble and what to leave alone. His The Thinker is famous, but not anywhere close to his best. The Gates of Hell were a collection piece; almost a summary of his life works and include so many dimensions. One of my favourites, has to be one of the simplest, though; the Danaide. It is of a woman crouched into a ball with her back showing. Her hair falling fluidly (he is able to create fluidity from marble) around her head and her back her perfection. Where her skin folds, her bones protrude, her spine bends: I half-expected her to sit up. He was able to convey so many feelings through his works. That's what made him "Rodin."