Are all our base belong to them? Who are them, anyhow? I tried to node the confusion in Has EDB gained consciousness?, thinking that this was an internally-controlled prank... but the more I hear Uberfetus' panicked voice, the more I think the only option is to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure, after all...

Seriously, this is a weird situation. The wee turtles, as dannye calls our precious daily allotment of (real) newbies, will be confused, and more than likely turned off entirely. Maybe we didn't lose much--but maybe we lost another sensei. What's even worse is the pollution of the nodegel with these troll nodes... it's tough enough for our editors; they're always one step behind by the nature of their job (reactive defense), and now they'll have a backlog... if any of them get discouraged and give up, it just gets worse.

I don't know who DMan is, or was, or thinks he is, but he posted one really weird writeup near the beginning that had a nasty edge to it. A really nasty edge, not just a cute, Natalie Portman hot grits petrified immaturity. I've heard rumblings in the cheddarbox that he's compromised a god account and is wreaking revenge on those who pissed him off while he was still here... if this is true, he may stop when he's tired of toying with it, or he may wipe out everything2 as a last act of capricious fuck-it-all malice. What a sad thought. What a fucking immature way to show your animosity. for shame.

Well, I've pretty much put my head on the chopping block if the current person running the show is indeed feeling malicious. But if they're going to wipe out E2, I think I'd rather not be around to hear the death rattle. I'm going to watch the sparks as long as I can, but if this thing starts falling apart around us, hey, it's been fun.


"This is Lieutenant Ellen Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo... signing off."