user since
Mon May 28 2001 at 04:19:03 (22.9 years ago )
last seen
Wed Mar 21 2007 at 22:41:03 (17.1 years ago )
number of write-ups
14 - View Kyudosha's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 194
mission drive within everything
To experience unclouded.
specialties
Philosophy, Computer Science, Hand-to-hand Combat
school/company
The mean streets of Kanawha Valley Internet, and the bibliophillic and coffee smelling hallways of Taylor Books
motto
We are all the butterflies that start the hurricanes.
most recent writeup
How to ash out of the back window of a moving car
Send private message to Kyudosha




Shield was still thriving when his time came
and he crossed over into the Lord's keeping.
His warrior band did what he bade them
when he laid down the law among the Danes:
they shouldered him out to the sea's flood,
the chief they revered who had long ruled them.
A ring-whorled prow rode in the harbour,
ice-clad, outbound, a craft for a prince.
They stretched their beloved lord in his boat,
lait out by the mast, amidships,
the great ring-giver.  Far-fetched treasures
were piled upon him, and precious gear.
I never hear before of a ship so well furbished
with battle tackle, bladed weapons
and coats of mail.  The massed treasure
was loaded on top of him: it would travel far
on out into the ocean's sway.
They decked his body no less bountifully
with offerings than those first ones did
who cast him away when he was a child
and launched him alone over the waves.
And they set a gold standard up
high above his head and let him drift
to wind and tide, bewailing him
and mourning their loss.  No man can tell,
no wise man in hall or weathered veteran
knows for certain who salvaged that load.

The funeral of King Scyld Scefing. (From Beowulf; Seamus Heaney translation)




Kyudosha (pronounced "Kyew-dough-shuh")is actually a simplified romanization of the japanese word properly romanized: "kyuudousha". It is made up of three characters.

Kyuu - To seek.
Dou - The way. (The tao).
Sha - a person [who].
"Kyudosha" "Kyuudousha" "One who seeks the way."


As a noder and person, I dedicate my life to seeking not only the proverbial way, but also all ways. I believe that with the right attitude and access to the right knowledge, anyone can accomplish the things that they've seen others do and gawked in wonder at. This is why I'm dedicating most of my creativity and effort to bringing the best damned juicy knowledge to E2. I have access to a wide base of people and skills, and I intend to shuffle all skills around and distribute them, raw, for everyone.

It's like open source; if everyone has access to all the skills of the world, think what they can accomplish! How many times have you, like I, wondered what knowledge has been lost to history? How did they build the pyramids, exactly? Was the magic of the ancients real, or was it merely some quirk of physics we have woefully forgotten? In the Information Age, we should never have to worry about losing knowledge again. Ever.


eventualdave: so are these people downvoting it just because they don't like it? i mean, is there something wrong with the way i did it?
Kyudosha: nope... maybe they're just downvoting it 'cause they're elitist assholes, or something
eventualdave: oh. well, that i can deal with.
eventualdave: 'd be nice if you had to give a reason why something was downvoted, like on slashdot. well, sort of. i mean, -1, Troll doesn't tell you much, but it's better than nothing.
Kyudosha: well, most respectable noders do.
eventualdave: oh, great. so i get all the disreputable weirdos molesting my node.
Kyudosha: for the most part, yes... it's all in how lucky you are... I mean, it's all in who sees the node for the short time it's in the "New Writeups" nodelet... it's like walking through central park in a bright pink tutu. Someone might come along and say "hey, that's a damn nice tutu", or they might say "Hello! How are you, sir?", but more than likely, they'll try and fuck you in the ass with like a broom or something.