Wednesday, September 6, 2000:
Today was day 2 at the University of Minnesota. I registered for another class, CSCL 3361: Visions of Nature: The Natural World and Political Thought. That's on top of Intro to programming in Java, Calculus 2 and physics 2 (electricity and magnetism). I think this semester is going to be very hard, but a lot of fun. One thing I'm really gonna have to work on, though, is my work schedule. I can't work from 7:15 AM to 4:30 PM between my classes, minus mealtime, and then have late classes Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Later tonight after my physics lab, I went an met with a friend from last year. She's a sophomore this year, but was a post-secondary student last year. She's also engaged with her boyfriend right now, but she thinks she doesn't want to be with him. I think I'll steer clear of her right now. I really don't want to get in the middle of anything.

Work is getting kind of annoying, lately. One co-worker is about 290 days away from retirement. He is not what one might call motivated to work. When I'm at work, I try to get work done, making copies, filing and data entry, but it's damn hard to do work two hours at a time. I'm slowly figuring out how to come in and get to work quickly though. Once I can have things to where I can just pick up and leave work without losing my train of thought, I'll be good.

Now I need sleep after reading for class, but more will come tomorrow (which will actually be the seventh).


Thursday, September 7, 2000:
Wow, I wouldn't think getting up at 6:30 would be so tough once school started. I've been doing it all summer, without any big problems; however, this morning was a killer. I'm definitely gonna have to tell my employer I'm not coming in this early Monday, Wednesday or Friday.

I'm hoping the bookstore has the books I need today. If they don't get them in soon, I'm gonna be pooch-screwed big time in my night class.

Time to start the coffee running through me. More to come when something happens today.

Well, time to go home for a while, then come back to school for my night class. I had to go out earlier this morning and move my truck so I didn't get towed. Now I have to skate about a mile back to my truck, which is going to suck since I bought my books for my CSCL class today. I need a beer. A beer would be good right now. Unfortunately, my roomates choose to buy Milwaukee's Best, which in case you didn't know, is bad-mexican-beer-that-has-already-been-consumed-and-peed-out-into-a-can. It's bad stuff. Don't drink it. I'll add something about my new class if it's worth anything at all, so more to come yet.