Troy McClure was a character on the The Simpsons. A composite character representing B-movie actors you tend to see everywhere from commercials, to infomercials, to small-time plays and tv-movies, documentaries, and then some; Troy was literally "that guy" you always see in everything. He was voiced by the late Phil Hartman.

Compared to Hartman's other character, Lionel Hutz, the Troy McClure character had a somewhat indirect role in the show appearing for the most part on a screen as opposed to being in actual scenes. He did however have one major direct role in the show in the episode A Fish Called Selma where he and one half of Marge Simpson's twin sisters, Selma Bouvier supposedly fall in love and marry. However, although it's love for Selma, Troy himself sees it as a publicity stunt of sorts to boost his sagging career. Selma finds this out and decides to end the relationship. This episode is rather fondly remembered, Entertainment Weekly considered the episode one of the top 25 all-time best Simpsons episodes.

Sadly, with the unexpected death of Hartman, Troy McClure was retired as a character around season 10. He has since then only appeared in the Simpsons comic book. It was rumored that the character was slated to make a cameo appearance in The Simpsons Movie, however apparently this didn't come to pass.