You are waking from a stupor that feels like a chronic headache after a week in Vegas. You notice your right palm is covered with dried blood, but you can neither see nor feel any wounds. You feel a sharp pain on your left forearm. Rolling up the sleeve, you find a tiny puncture on your arm. 'Has a doctor injected me with a medicine?' Then you realize you can't remember who you are!! You have no idea where you are and why you're here. You have no memory... whatsoever!!

With those ominous words begins Deja Vu, one of the true classics of the Nintendo Entertainment System. Released by Kemco in 1990, it was a very unique game: a point and click film noir detective adventure. With the game engine from Kemco's classic Shadowgate, you play as Ace Harding, Private Eye. However, as the above quote indicates, Ace has amnesia. He has to unravel a mystery involving the kidnapping of a wealthy woman, and how it ties into the murder of Mob boss Joey Siegel, all the while trying to regain your own sense of self.

After it's release, Kemco announced Deja Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas. However, due to the poor sales of the original, it wasn't released until 2000, combined with the original game as Deja Vu: From the Casebooks of Ace Harding on Game Boy Color.