Before my friends Adam and Cris married, they had considered having me officiate at their wedding. I was kind of disappointed when they chose to get married in Florence, Italy instead. -Not that I begrudge them! Anyway, Charles and Jean Ann have asked me do their wedding ceremony in February, so I will get to exercise my Reverend Powers in a truly official capacity yet. Adam and Cris just moved, I'm looking forward to their housewarming/holiday party Friday evening.
Received Debian 2.2 from cheap*bytes, to install on one of the 486s people keep giving me. Mom requested some Christmas gift suggestions, and I drew a blank - I used to keep a list of books and CD's I wanted, but I no longer desire to accumulate media. My flatmate decided to get me a PC DVD upgrade for Christmas, in appreciation for the extended loan of one of the cars, so I gave Mom a short list of movies worthy of periodic review.
Rented Naked Lunch, The Replacement Killers, End of Days, and Robocop over the past few days. I had forgotten how psycho Naked Lunch was - we smoked a little between That 70's Show and Naked Lunch, and the scene with Bill's lady friend shooting up bug powder in her breast made me feel horribly faint. Needles are why I will never be interested in heroin. End of Days had some suspense, killer f/x, and Robin Tunney (as eye candy, rather than any performance worth mention) going for it, but little else. The Replacement Killers would have been better with more plot surprises and less extended shoot-em-up footage, and maybe more mmm-Mira Sorvin-oh! stalking around in her underwear.
I'm pleased with the performance of the freeware Coffeecup Free FTP client. Transferred a heap of old game notes on Jaintuchen gods and saints to the computer; maybe I'll node 'em up sometime soon.