I dreamed a story about a girl crossing the country with the one ring.

She was going over a mountain path, and had two men traveling with her, arguing over basically everything with her. She got fed up with them, and they vanished, leaving her alone. But suddenly the path before her was gone too, leaving her a view of nothing but the empty desert canyon far below her.

And she kind of despaired, and sort of bemoaned her fate in a will-we-ever-get-back-to-Kansas-Toto sort of way, when suddenly the shadow of the mountain she was on on the mountain wall to her right assumed the shape of a staircase leading down, even though nothing was visible before her.

She walked down with faith, and suddenly was swept across the desert at great speed. I don't know if she knew why, but I saw that there was a great long line of invisible giant trolls relaying her across.

They carried her to the spring that was her destination. There was no sign of the dwarves that were supposed to be guarding it, but there were a couple of human soldiers, presumably bad guys, on the watch, which she ran to keep hidden from...

Around this point, the dream degenerated into me at home deciding whether to leave to get lemonade or not, which is a rather odd thing to dream about, but hey...