Is there any direct evidence for lack of intelligent design? No. Not only is there no direct evidence for lack of intelligent design, but it is inconceivable that a set of beings on a planet could consititute direct evidence for lack of intelligent design. However, we do happen to have a set of creatures which allow either an intelligent-design or evolutionary interpretation. The latter is an incredibly heavy constraint on the structure of the creatures, and that it has been satisfied suggests that it is the case... but this indirect evidence is in no way convincing to those who do not wish to believe it.


Here is a storage for an old rebuttal which worked so well that what it was rebutting disappeared:

It has been proposed that the flaws in the Human body are because God wished to be efficient, and kept in mind the maxim, "The perfect is the enemy of the good". This is ridiculous, in that it implicitly proposes that God, the Omnipotent, had a budget and time constraints. The argument that getting something to work at all is better than aiming too high and getting nothing, is a good one for mere mortals.


Ford made some design compromises in the Model A, as do thousands of lab students every year in an effort to get something working for their instructor.

However, suggesting that God be bound by the practical is claiming its nonomnipotence. And suggesting that God intentionally made an imperfect body is disturbing in itself; to assuage that, what purpose can be attributed to it? On the other hand, claiming to know that is tantamount to claiming knowledge of the ways of God, which is often considered theologically untenable, and for good reasons (not insurmountable).