Indian Summer were yet another emo band during the early 90s. These young fellows were from Cupertino, CA in 1993 and 1994. They sounded like they combined Moss Icon's loud/soft dynamics with the twisted distorted guitar sound of Unwound and created something very powerful. The vocals were frequently whispered and nearly impossible to hear. Likewise, during the loud parts the vocals were screamed but nearly drowned out by the guitars. Lots of falling on the floor, knocking over mic stands, in the grand tradition of Rites of Spring, Current, and Mohinder.

Almost all of their songs were untitled, so I won't bother noding the releases.

Since none of the songs have names, it can be a pain in the ass to download all the songs and make sure you have them all. (There are 9 of them).

Some names I've seen have been:

  • Truman = Untitled
  • Carving Stars = Orchard
  • Millimeter = Waiting
  • Aren't You Angel = Asking Angel
  • Black = Angry Son
Hopefully someday I'll compile a list of all the different names that are our there and what they correspond to. Those are the ones I've run across so far.

Just as there were no song titles, there was never any information on members. All of the vinyl is not out of print, and the live CD is as well, although you can occasionally find CD-Rs of it floating around.