Last node of the 2010 Ironnoder round.

Voting:

I managed to stick to my pledge to use up all my votes every day of the month. In doing this, I surveyed all nodes written by cassparadox, Aerobe, Hazelnut, The Debutante, ALittleHawk, RustyLark, and winston_farsoul and found them to be generally very successful.

Writing:

Starting at #30, since I finished my first 29 nodes by the midpoint of the month....

30. The law enforcement futility storyline

Saw those Criminal Minds episodes and had to ask, what's the point?

31. The nonthinking part of our Universe

Born from the exchange I once had in a forum with a nihilist who insisted that he knew that what we conventionally deems as non-thinking matter possessed an awareness beyond that which was held by humans. Done up with some months of refining, naturally.

32. Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham

Because Hanners = awesome!! Seriously, even after I noded this, she did even more awesome stuff, giving Marten back his worry hat to assuage his certain sadness at being dumped by Dora.

33. Eleventh month calculations on an open letter to Frank J. Tipler

Actually I planned to do this on the one year anniversary, but.... IRONNODER!! And, really, the calculation of the probability that someone has seen something on the Internet was more fun to write about than even the thing thought to have been seen....

34. December 24, 2012

Fie upon thee, gloom and doom, this shall be a peachy day!! Special for ironnoder, by popular demand.

35. gynechiatrist

This drew an awful lot of comment for what was essentially a one-off. I wasn't kidding when I noted knowing people in the field who count themselves as being this (which is why I was inspired to write of it). But I wasn't being all that serious either.

36. pantheism

I've worked on this one at some length. The shorter existing write-ups did not seem to me to capture the breadth of the philosophy, and its myriad incarnations.

37. How to pee in the dark

A pretty basic, useful, somewhat tongue in cheek how to....

38. The Egg of the Great Traveler

I've always had this sort of fascination with the idea of the Earth being an egg; from a science fiction frame, it wouldn't work -- the timeline would run too long to suppose a thing evolving from an egg which doesn't hatch for four billion years. 65 million, still a stretch but not wholly inconceivable.

39. November 25, 2010

So I had this dream about building a castle out of fruit while waiting at a bus stop, and I was simply compelled to write it up before it should be forgotten forever.

40. Monique Alexander having anal sex with a priest

Oh yeah, baby. And?

41. The Ghost of the Old House of Commons, to the New One, appointed to meet at Oxford I find this poem to be more interesting for its historic significance than for its meter and rhyme, though the latter is hardly to be scoffed at -- writing catchy political poetry ain't easy!!

43. What if Heraclides had never been born?

Another response highlighting the flaws in an argument raised to me by a promoter of a particular flavor of theistic faith.

43. Beyond the Ecumenical: Pan-Deism?

Just an interesting old essay, in my view -- not just because it sort-of mentions pan-deism (which, I confess, drew me to read it at all in the first place) but because of the sort of raw internal concern it brings up.

44. Shifting the burden of proof

Came across the node and thought I'd try my hand at laying out questions of how you shift this burden, and what it must be shifted to for the claimant to prevail.

45. November 30, 2012

You're soaking in it!!

Success?

To Be Determined!!