Current 93 is the ongoing work of David Tibet, once a member of Psychic TV and 23 Skidoo.

Current 93 began in 1982, releasing a ritualistic single in the next year called LAShTAL and went on to release LPs of noisy soundscapes up through 1986.

Since 1986-87 they have turned to a more "apocalyptic folk" sound, with acoustic guitars and atonal vocals; yet they constantly evolve a new style with each record.

Though the group is really Tibet's own, a family of ever changing musicians helps out with each release.

The one musician to appear on virtually all Current 93 releases is Steven Stapleton of Nurse With Wound, and David Tibet in his turn has appeared on nearly all Nurse With Wound releases.

Members of Current 93 have collaborated with other groups such as Coil and Death In June.

In addition to this, David's record label, Durtro, has released music from Shirley Collins, Nature And Organization, Tiny Tim and others.

The mailing address for Current 93 is:

BM Wound
London WC1N 3XX
UK

-- Literary influences, from the official site: Lautreamont, The Bible, Enid Blyton, The Poetic Eddas, Ulick Varange, Hildegard von Bingen, John Dee, Heptarchia Mystica, The Thunder Perfect Mind, William Blake, Louis Wain, James Joyce, Thomas Ligotti, MR James, The Cloud of Unknowing, and Count Eric Stenbock.

Who are these authors? (In all cases, more info at the node of the same name)

Lauremont wrote Les Chants de Maldoror. Everything on the web about him is in French. I'm at a lack of sources.

The Bible is clear enough.

Enid Blyton is the creator of the PBS series Noddy the Gnome. Current 93 may know her, or else they were influenced or affected somehow by her TV show.

Ulick Varange was the pen name of Francis Parker Yockey. C93 mention his book Imperium. Info on him is here.

Hildegard von Bingen was a woman author, mystic, and composer who lived from 1098 to 1179.

John Dee was an occult English government official from the 16th and 17th centuries. He was accused of heretical practices, and shared an interest in Enochian with Aliester Crowley.

The Heptarchia Mystica is a written work by John Dee. It's basically a handbook for talking to angels.

Thunder, Perfect Mind is an ancient Gnostic text, spoken by a female diety. It's incredeble, although I have not yet understood it.

William Blake was an English poet and illustrator. He wrote The Sick Rose.

Louis Wain was a schizophrenic illustrator of cats.

James Joyce was an Irish author. He wrote Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Dubliners, and Finnegans Wake.

Thomas Ligotti is an American writer of Horror.

Mr. James is a writer of ghost stories from the early 1900s.

The Cloud of Unknowing is a Christian text written by an unknown monk.