Workout log for January 11, 2010 through January 17, 2010

Saturday, January 16, 2010: I went to my boyfriend's mom's house and ran on her elliptical machine, watching an Amanda Bynes movie for half an hour. I want to say this workout was good since it was the first one I had had in 6 days, but unfortunately I forgot to eat breakfast and nearly fainted. This put a halt on further workouts for the day.

Sunday, January 17, 2010: Having remembered to eat my waffles and banana this morning instead of just thinking about it, I was prepared to try running again. Discovered the tow path at the Augusta Canal and ran down that through the nice lush mud. It was actually very pleasant and there were a lot of runners, walkers, and bikers out there. I am sad I did not know about this when I was driving 20 minutes away to run on the big dirt track. I ran 40 minutes without stopping - roughly 3.5 miles, then walked 40 minutes back, and finished with 16 minutes of running. My mile pace was roughly 11 minutes.

Side Notes: I basically gave up on life after the lat run on Sunday. I decided to stretch well in an effort to prevent leg cramps Sunday night: Monday and Tuesday I had killer leg cramps from, ostensibly, overstretching an already angry muscle. The rest of the week was eaten up by tests, which induced a lack of sleep and heart palpitations. This is exactly what I was afraid of, and why I went to work out on Saturday and made myself run on Sunday. I have in fact been drinking more electrolytes, eating bananas, and started a multivitamin. I do not feel great yet, but if today's run was any example I will at least not die during this upcoming week and during the race.