A yellow block of what looked like cheese bounced a few times before coming to rest again. A large grey panel appeared, covering a blue expanse. A column of arrows, paint brushes and miscellaneous lines and shapes stood like half the World Trade Center against the left hand side of the landscape. A dreamy swirl of colours, like staring at the Mac OS beach ball till it goes out of focus, topped the other half of the WTC on the far right. A ruler defined the top boundary of the overcast nothingness of canvas between the peaks.

A tiny hand appeared at the bottom of the scene, it dashed back and forth between buildings. Suddenly a lush green floor, velvety like freshly cut grass, unrolled back towards the infinity. A matrix of short cylinders quickly sprang up at consistent intervals, populating the plane. A moment later four letters were printed on the top of every bump, the same four on every one but too small to read.

The hand continued its mad trips between buildings, depositing sections of a wire frame model on the grass. Slowly, the frame developed into a foot, then a leg, a trapezoidal attachment node topped the structure. A smooth plastic finish flashed over the frame, a coat of khaki rippling down an instant later. Lines continued to appear, forming a military like boot, which was quickly skinned in like manner, then bucket filled black. A lace snaked through the front of the boot, ending in a bow at the top, and was blackened. It was the work of a few seconds before a duplicate of the entire leg slid out from behind it and was affixed to the floor immediately beside the original.

Point, point, line, point, line... the process was repeated again and again in a blank area in the middle of the unoccupied grey. What looked like half a cheese grater began to take shape, and suddenly it too was blanketed in khaki. An ellipsoidal wire frame appeared, grew and shrunk a few times until it was the right size, then snapped end-on to the side of the cheese grater, just below the top. An identical ellipsoid appeared from out of the first, and rotated down 175 degrees. Both gained a surface texture as one. The tiny hand that had not ceased moving up to this point retrieved half a doughnut from the sky scraper on the left, went back for a long thin cylinder, and snapped the two together. A skin rolls over them, a human-like skin, in human-like tone. The entire top section assembly is cloned, flipped, and joined to form a symmetrical piece twice the width. This is then snapped onto the connecting nodes on the first, lower section.

Still that tiny hand will not rest, and a rolling pin appears, standing on its end, and is soon compressed vertically. A pair of ellipses and a semicircle are snapped onto the front of the rolling pin, and it is slid down onto the top of the previously created section. More strokes, and a helmet appears and snaps on top. Stock, receiver, magazine, barrel... a rifle appears from seemingly nowhere, and is slung over the creation's shoulder. A click and a menu appears. Import. Lines of text scroll by in a frenzy. JEEP_01.SWF. A jeep appears, and the hand grabs him and places him in the driver's seat.

I hit save, and was just about to exit when the engine started. Uh-oh, what have I done...

I may have spent slightly too long in the Macromedia Creative Suite of late.