In the early days of the Nintendo 64's release Nintendo Power sent their subscribers special Pak-sized stickers with official Nintendo artwork on it along with game titles printed on the part of the Pak that is visible when plugged into a controller. For example, since Mario Kart 64 required an entire Pak in order to save racing "ghosts", one of the stickers had a graphic of Mario on it along with "Mario Kart 64" printed in white letters. Other stickers included graphics and titles for Super Mario 64 and StarFox 64. Curiously enough those two games did not make use of the Pak at all, making using them for labeling purposes somewhat redundant and unnecessary.

Some games included both an on-cartridge game save as well as support for the Controller Pak. Blast Corps, for example, allows two different games to be saved to the actual cartridge and nine additional games to be saved to the Pak. Diddy Kong Racing allowed game saves to the cartridge (up to three) and later players could transfer those saves to the Controller Pak for swapping or backup storage. Other games did not same game progress per se, but instead saved special bonuses that players unlocked. Bomberman 64, for example, saved battle armor to be used in Battle Mode. Still other games made use of both the Controller Pak and the Rumble Pak (such as, again, Diddy Kong Racing) and would prompt the player when it was time to swap the two Paks.