I don't know who I am anymore. I'm not sure I ever knew. Maybe that's why you found me; you recognised someone who was malleable, squishy and shapeless. I didn't know what I was doing. I had no plan, no goals, no dreams or aims. Why would I? I felt like nothing, so I dreamt of nothing.

You found me. You said I was worth something. You built me up, said I was your man, said everything was alright with the world when I held you close. So I held you close and believed that I was worth something, that living meant something. I promised to protect you. I worshipped at your altar and called you my goddess, promising my love undying. You smiled. You drank it in and took it as your due.

The first time I told you no, you changed. You became a goddess of fury, of darkness and lightning. You tore me down, shredded my soul, had me begging for forgiveness for daring to defy you. You held me close as I apologised, stroking my face. You spoke honeyed words to affirm my place in your life as your man.

I don't know who I am anymore, but I know who you are. You are a succubus, a vampire, a goddess of dark delights. I started out as nothing, and I became even less. I cannot exist without you. You play with me, because it pleases you. One day you will tired of me and I will disappear.  After you, there is only you.

 

Brevity Quest 2018: entry #3, word count 258.