compiled overview of the 30ton Falcon 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



A "lost" Star League design, the Falcon was produced in great numbers in the late 26th century. The classic unit is armed with one SunGlow Type 1 Medium Laser, two Omnicron 1000 Light Lasers, and two Reginald Mark VI Machine Guns

The last known manufacturer of the Falcon was at Hesperus during the First Succession War, but ironically the Marik raid that destroyed the area of 'Mech works where the Falcon was produced ("the Falcon wing") came just as the need for new Falcons was becoming most evident. The number of Falcons dropped steadily during the ensuing centuries of warfare, as those still in the field gradually succumbed to the lack of spare parts. The Falcons that remain in Inner Sphere House militaries are almost all extensively refitted, many of them becoming hybrids with arms taken from destroyed Ostscouts or weaponry from other 'Mech designs.

The arrival of Wolf's Dragoons in 3005 marked the first appearance of mint-condition Falcons in the Inner Sphere since the beginning of the Succession Wars. The mercenaries have managed to keep their Falcons in good repair, apparently with their own stockpile of spare parts, but no new Falcons have arrived to replace those lost in battle. Though there are rumors of a new model in Wolf's Dragoons' ranks, it is more likely that Colonel Jaime Wolf's regiments are using recovered technology to upgrade those Falcons already in service.

The most reliable reports indicate that the Dragoons are replacing the old SunGlow Type 1 medium laser with a Magna 400P medium pulse laser, a recovered-technology weapon generally available throughout the Inner Sphere. This model reportedly also replaces both machine guns with a SureFire 444 anti-missile system, another new weapon available over-the-counter to anyone with enough C-bills.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.