Just for the sake of consistency, I'd like to point out that the "Anarchist Cookbook" was actually first written sometime during the nascent hippie era. The original version was shown to me by my ex-Weatherman uncle Roscoe, and I remember reading something in the foreword about how this book wasn't actually intended for revolutionaries or separatists, as the information in the volume was already an adopted part of their life. Instead, it was intended for the US population at large, as a guide for fighting for their freedoms, etc, should the need arise. Remember, there was a lot of talk about open revolution against the government floating around back then.

This version was apparently written by someone named "Jolly Roger." A few excerpts here are lifted from the 60's version, but the stuff about ATM machines and hacking into computer systems, "phreakers," McDonalds, credit card fraud and telephone conferences is, as you probably will guess, new. This casts some confusion into the phrase "cutting edge when it was new, but only good for nostalgia now." I can't imagine where you might find a copy of the old Anarchist Cookbook, but a noncorporate bookstore would probably be a good place to start your search. I'm willing to bet that if you looked on the Internet, you'd only uncover about a half-dozen similar rip-offs and blatant plagarisms. You could also check out George Hayduke's "How to get even: The complete guide to dirty tricks" if you're looking for advice on low-level terrorism that you didn't scrape from some ding-dong's misnamed website. Print is not dead.