Orbital's newest album, released on April 30, 2001 in the UK on FFrr/London Records. It scheduled to be released in the United States in early September. Like Middle of Nowhere, it's produced by Mickey Mann.
  1. Tension
  2. Funny Break (One Is Enough)
  3. oi!
  4. Pay Per View
  5. Tootled
  6. Last Thing
  7. Doctor ?
  8. Shadows
  9. Waving Not Drowning
  10. Illuminate
  11. Meltdown

It's an okay little album, much more suitable for the car than the dancefloor. Minimalistic, lighthearted, retro-futuristic, and chock full of samples, this should give back a little of the credibility the big O has been shedding since the release of 1999's beat-heavy Middle of Nowhere. However, the long-term Orbital fan is likely to be disappointed with the lack of cohesion, as well as the emotional sterility of many of the tracks. It's album-oriented (though seemingly without concept), meaning that all of the tunes sound better in context than they do individually. Sonically, it weaves Q-Burns type grooves with video game sounds and a little bit of μziq-ian messed-up jazz. Well, on some tracks. It's probably their most diverse album since Snivilisation. You get "Voodoo Ray"-like tracks ("oi!") and David Gray collaborations ("Illuminate") on the same LP.

Then... "Meltdown" singes everything in a haunting, blistering ten minute burst of drums, synths, and evil! Yes! This may be Orbital's best closer ever. But overall, one might be inclined to take the skeletal album cover seriously – the Brothers Hartnoll have never sounded so dead.