I shivered slightly in the elevator. Not claustrophobic for sure. Eighteen years is long enough to know such intimate details about oneself. I looked around to watch my three mates chatting innecessantly about the last of the exam questions.

The One week of hell was over. Finito.

Also, a semester of non-stop red bulls and cappuccinos through weary lectures and maddening assignment deadline rushes. Aah, the First semester of Uni.

Unbeknownst to me, my official christening as a uni student was about to take place. An important event.

DING. "Fifth"; Pregnant Pause; "Floor". This from Elevator Woman. She sounded sexy. Wonder what she looks like? I look down. Yes, I know. No, fantasize later. More important things to do.

Thank you.

"You coming?" Alex was holding the door open with his foot. "Yeah, sorry. Just a bit lost today."

Sam was sitting on the floor, crushing. A newspaper was sprawled on the table, with some green stuff on one end and some crushed nicotine on the other.

"You know what? Imma gonna try this shit out." My mouth sometimes speaks for itself.

"Ok." Alex wasn't surprised by my bravado. Odd.

I looked down at the bong's murky water. Its surprising how terrified you can be one instant, and yet so calm after having made that leap. I closed my eyes and sucked the smoke in.

It felt like someone was poking my throat. My eyes watered and I stumbled somehow to the toilet sink. I spat a few times.

A few minutes passed. Everyone was behaving like their usual selves. Alex and Sam were bitching about the professor. Holly was sitting outside, smoking a menthol.

Suddenly, I realised that I felt fine; maybe I was one of those guys whose bodies don't get affected by marijuana. Still, I felt as though I was playing hide and seek in a deep forest, waiting for something to come. And really hoping that it wouldn't.

I got my answer when the music grew louder and felt like it was penetrating deeper into my skin. I put my ears closer to the speaker. For some reason, it felt louder and better. A warm rainbow could be felt going through my entire body, like cold shivers.

I got up to find a mirror. I repeatedly told myself that I was high. The human face had never seemed so intriguing before. My god. I am beautiful.

Most people have a theory, that this particular apartment was probably the best place to get stoned, as it was situated on a higher altitude.  

An urge to drink something cold seemed very strong. A bottle of Coke was promptly handed to my numb fingers. "Wow, this feels cold in my hands."

Instant giggling erupted from everywhere. I was lying on the cold balcony floor, drinking coke like a man lost and found in a desert.

 

A butterfly fist-bumped me, on its way to Nirvana.

I have a cigarette in my hands?

When did that happen ...



 

 

Postscript - The noder aimed at giving the reader, an abstract-like flavor. Kindly do not mistake this as a full-blown attempt on an exhaustive experience. Enjoy!