Hi guys. Come on in, we're open again.

The nature of this node is going to be a bit different than what it was before. This is now an area to talk to the coders and the coders only about what you want e2 to be. What this means is that anything that you think has to change about e2 can't be anything that requires approval from Upper Management. Small stuff only. Cleaning up and mopping. Making the whole experience slightly more pleasant for our dear users. The cherry on top. The icing on the cake.

Here's an example of what could have been in this node:

"Dudes, Message Inbox really sucks. It's essentially useless unless you diligently keep on deleting all your messages all the time. I have over 9000 messages, and this makes it impossible for Message Inbox to ever finish loading. Can you fix it so it only displays a few messages at a time?"

Of course, that has been done. Message Inbox now only displays 100 messages at at time unlike our barbaric past, and it could probably still use other interface improvements.

Here's an example of what really isn't appropriate for this node:

"The whole XP system is really wrong. Here's my new scientifically-tested validation method that will change everyone's level, will eliminate the need for chings, and grants completely different level powers based on only 5 levels."

You get the idea. The less intrusive and controversial your proposed change, the more likely it is to get done quickly by some coder with too much time on her hands. Don't worry too much about how difficult your idea would be to code up, but do try to keep your suggestions short and simple. Think of this node as an extension of e2 bugs but not for things that are obviously wrong, only for things that could be improved.

Thank you.





My favorite Suggestion for E2 of all time:


"You know what would be kinda cool, at least for sick individuals like myself? Near the chatterbox maybe, set up a meter or something that updates the current estimated births, deaths, and the overall number of people on the planet generally."


submitted by sin verguenza, 10/28/2000