(For thy browsing pleasure: <-- Day --> | <-- Dream --> | Wolf's Dreamworld )

At one point, I was watching my sister playing a new DooM game. The new game was actually fairly surprising because it wasn't as violent as its predecessors. It had two other characters that helped the hero (one wearing magician's robes). The game looked like something that was made by iD software and some demo group togheter.

The cutscenes between levels included surprising amount of talking. The game save menu was interesting, too: The list of the games was a vertical spiral made of the letters that hanged from the top of the screen and spun around when choosing another slot. (Hard to explain with words...)

So, my sister ended up to a bonus level before getting to the next level. This was like something out of Metal Gear Solid's VR training missions (at least the floor looked the same). My sister's character needed to take a special item, a huge spring, hold it before him, and run against the "wall" (there were no walls) to make him fly backwards. If done correctly, this earned him a metal collector (thing that grabs all metal from surroundings) and a vacuum cleaner (for taking guns from enemies and such).

In another fragment, I was waiting for spaghetti to boil. I wrote poetry for some reasons (competition or something)... The idea was to place different candies in a vertical row, and each of them represented one line. In the end, I placed a couple of rows that were from Macbeth. After those, I included attribution of some sort ("...as Shakespeare had put it"), and then a candy shaped like the Enter key. (There actually are candies shaped like that, I guess the market exists...)

Now, the spaghetti. It was already boiling, but I noticed I had chosen a WAY too big pot to cook it in. It was huge. I tried to pour the cooking water out - about one quarter of the spaghetti went down the drain with that (hard to pour stuff carefully out of a big pot and with no sieve or anything to get the spaghetti into). I wished I had had something easier to cook at the time...


Interpretive thing: I had just read about the development status of Max Payne the previous day... Remedy Entertainment is a game company with a demoscene background. =) Also, my sister had a Mickey Mouse game for SNES that had a vacuum cleaner...