Something I dreamed...

I was in Kuhmo. My family and I were going to the new cinema.

The new building was pretty huge - from inside, that is, can't remember what it looked like from the outside. It now had multiple theaters.

I picked a movie at random from the list of the movies that were shown at the time. (I usually don't do that!) It turned out to be some movie that my sister said she was going to see, but it didn't sound like something I would like.

The rest of the family each went to see different movies, so we spread up.

The hall was bigger than before, lit with dim lights, with the walls reflecting it, giving a dark shady red atmosphere - very much the same colors as the hall was back before the last renovation.

It turned out that while there were many screens, there was only one really big hall with multiple auditoriums, each pointing at different directions! The hall was divided to two parts, each had 6 sections of auditoriums: Three next to the walls, and two in the middle. Here's something resembling ASCII art:


    ###############################
    #\                 /#\
    # \_______________/ # \____
    # |               | # |
    # |    _______    | # |
    # |   |   |  X|   | # |
    # |   |   |   |   |===|
    # |   |   |   |   |===|
    # |   |   |   |   | # |
    # |   |   |   |   | # |
    # |   |   |   |   | # |
    # |   |___|___|   | # |
    # |               | #
    # |_______________| #
    # /               \ #
    #/                 \#
    #######################

The walls are marked with #s, the stairway that lead over the two auditorium sections to our part of the hall is marked with =s, and the vast rows of chairs themselves with line markers. The screens were on the walls. My seat was marked with X.

Now, the problem was that while I was sitting so that I was looking at the screen that was on the right wall in the drawing, the movie was shown on the screen that was on the wall on top side of the map...

As I was sitting down, a black guy asked me what time it was. I said nothing, just showed him my watch. It was 18:50. The movie would start at seven.

When it was one minute to the beginning of the show I decided to go to get something to munch. I got out of the hall to the ticket booth, but they had nothing. I walked a long way and got to another room (with boring white walls, white small spot light (bedside lamp?) with 80s style metallic yellow lampshade, bunch of boring cupboards with doors made of white-painted chipboard, darker yellow chipboard table with simple metal legs and old red cashbox and pocket calculator... The only illumination in the room was the fluorescent light on the roof and the small spotlight aimed at the wall with the cupboards - the back part of the room was completely dark) that had soft drinks. I bought some of those, and the salesperson gave me old, very very worn 10 mk banknotes back. (Those haven't even been in use for years!)

I needed to go to another store to get more stuff. When I came back, getting somewhere between my home and the cinema, I noticed it was around 19:25 already... The movie had already started...

I needed to make excuses for myself for being so stupid when I left so close to the start, and swore I would go to see the movie the next day. I even thought they might let me to get there with the same ticket, still not ripped...


(In RL, the Kuhmo cinema was renovated in recent years, and the renovation was overseen by my father... Of course, there has not been too big of a need for multiple cinemas in Kuhmo, it's such a small town =)

(In the dream, the ticket was a Finnkino ticket; however, Kuhmo cinema isn't part of the franchise...)