A 1993 movie, directed by Rachel Talalay, starring Karen Allen and others (according to IMDB, and this stuff is sketchy because I didn't watch the movie that well =)

The plot is somewhat like this: A serial killer works in a computer shop. He steals his victim's address books, and kills people listed in them, one at time. Now, one lady forgets her address book to a computer shop - she bought a program called Paper Warrior that scans an address book and puts it into a digital form - handy, that.

Now, this serial killer guy wants ends up into a car accident and dies. Or, not really. He turns into an electronic entity that lives in the power grid and electronic devices. He takes the recently-scanned address book, and uses his mad skillz to kill people in various ways.

And in the end, <spoiler type=rot13>gur onq thl trgf genccrq va argjbex naq vf qevira vagb n yvarne nppryrengbe naq zntarg svryq qrfgeblf uvz.</spoiler>

BAD movie, pretty predictable and not great feats of acting... Even kids with bad grades in physics and computing stuff would groan at the absurdities of the movie. =) However, the concept of the movie is pretty interesting and it features some cool stuff of its era (old VR equipment, old Windows boxes in the computer shop, etc...)

Half-decent excuse to spend a night...