[ Dream Log ]

12:54

Never EVER before I have walked to a computer game store and realized the game had been sold out. This may work for old games, but it just doesn't happen to new games.

You probably know what game I was referring to: Black & White... I found it from another store.

Today, I have 6 votes. This was sort of unexpected. That was what I had yesterday... Is the yesterday's downtime and the Strange Stuff That Was Going On related to this?

In the university UNIX lab, all machines were taken and I'm now writing this from the SGI O2 box using Crappy Old Netscape 4. Fine machine, out-of-date web browser... =(

Yesterday I didn't make a daylog, mostly because there was no need, but also because the Thing was down. Anyway, a new version of the Jargon File is out - and it has AYBABTU in it. The end of the world is near!

Okay, time to face the challenges of the day...

15:21

Stuff to Script:

  • Something to figure out IP address' real owner (like "whoseip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" that would query name server and ARIN's WHOIS server.
  • Script to split tons of images into many ZIP packages.

16:24

I wrote to my friend (Finally! that E-mail had been delayed for a while), found some pictures for him... and that's about that. Now I MUST EAT. I'm hungry like a wolf. =)

23:25

Talked with a friend in IRC about why he should/shouldn't get Linux, and also told about my theory of why "home computer" is such a bad term. or something. I'm tired again. I need to play more B&W this night... =)


Other day logs o' mine...

Noded recentishly by y.t.: google Dream Log: May 4, 2001 ircii

Updated: