I had some business in Atlanta, and headed in to take care of it. Part of Atlanta I was goin' to is near where they built all that Olympics carryin' on, and all the streets are one-way. Scares the dickens out of you the first time y' turn into four lanes of speeding traffic, but it becomes a simple annoyance after a while.

Sure enough, there were some fellers makin' a movie, and the Atlanta PD had the roads partially blocked off so all the cranes and fellers with microphones on sticks can poke em in. They took the little Chinese feller who sells beer and cigarettes on the corner and made it look like he sells vegetables. Took their vegetables with em after and all.

So I walk past two fellers having a cigarette with more "CREW" badges around their neck on strings than a Kenny Chesney roadie, and say:

"Ya crash the cars yet?>
"Huh?" he asks.
"Have. You. Crashed. The. Cars. Yet. Did I miss it?"
"What cars?"
"The cars y'r fixin' to crash. Raced the cars yet?"
"Huh?"
"Where are you all doin' the ravine jumpin' scenes?"
"What are you talkin about, mister?"
"Oh come on son, you're makin' a movie in the South and there's no cars crashin? Bet you next thing there's gonna be no chimpanzee in this movie, neither."
"Chimpanzee?"
"Or orangutan. Come on, son. Clint Eastwood feller always had him a chimpanzee. Blowin' raspberries, givin' cops the finger and carryin' on."

Now, this young feller was confused and very very earnest. Looked like one of them fellers from the Blair Witch thing. But the other guy he was smokin' with had clearly seen Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit and all them Southern films from the late 70s and early 80s and was crackin' up somethin' fierce. I suggested a few titles to watch to get the chimp reference and he chimed in a Tony Danza picture I'd never heard of.

Young feller tries to get back into the conversation: "It's a teevee show, not a movie, mister."

"Well that rightly explains everything" I says, tip my cowboy hat, and start walkin' back to the truck.