Interesting that Divine_Wino mentions that the only incident of "air rage" that they have witnessed was whilst "flight attendants were serving drinks to keep us happy"...

According to the news today, U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein has written to the CEOs of seven major U.S. airlines urging them to voluntarily limit domestic passengers to two drinks, or possibly face legislation forcing them to do this. she contends that this will reduce the number of "air rage" incidents.

Hmm..so much for the "land of the free". Setting aside the crude, bullying approach, what could such legislation lead to? How about a follow-up bill that restricts bar owners and pub landlords to serving just two drinks to their customers in a bid to eradicate "bar rage"? How about rationing the purchasing of alcohol completely: You could certainly cut down on the number of drink-driving incidents that way, couldn't you? Whilst I applaud the motive, I must condemn the approach.

Interestingly enough, the Association of Flight Attendants oppose the introduction of such limits, whether they are voluntary or by legislation. They believe that such a limit would be difficult to enforce in practise and would simply lead to alcohol-inlcined passengers "loading up" prior to getting on the plane. Thank God for common sense.

Maybe we should have more flight attendants in the Senate and give Senator Feinstein a job handing out snacks and counting drinks on Delta Airlines.