"Coming to America" is a comedy from 1988 directed by John Landis. It was written by Eddie Murphy, David Sheffield, and Barry W. Blaustein. The cast includes Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones, Madge Sinclair, John Amos, Allison Dean, Shari Headley, Louie Anderson, Samuel L. Jackson, and more.

This summer, Prince Akeem discovers America.

Akeem (Eddie Murphy), prince of Zamunda, is scheduled to be wed in an arranged marriage to a women he does not like. He decides to go to America to find his bride, but his father King Jaffe Joffer (James Earl Jones) thinks he just needs to "sow the royal oats." Semmi {Arsenio Hall) travels with Akeem to America. They end up in Queens, New York. (because obviously if you are looking for a Queen you got to Queens, right!) Things are looking pretty grim until Akeem meets Lisa McDowell (Shari Headley) daughter of a local fast food restaurant owner Cleo McDowell (John Amos). Akeem sets out to win her heart, but of course there are obstacles and Akeem and Semmi find themselves in some hilarious situations.

This is a great cupid-type story. Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall are great in this movie. They play about 4 roles each. The scenes in the barber shop are classic. This movie remains funny to me after having seen it many times. Whenever I catch it on cable I have to stop and watch it. One of Eddie Murphy's best movies.