Okay, hear me out.

Leave it to Beaver.
I Love Lucy.
The Honeymooners.
Father Knows Best.
The Brady Bunch.
The Jetsons and Flintstones, for you connoisseurs of animation.

What do all of those have in common? Is it that they're all post-war domestic comedies featuring shenanigans with a focus on (occasionally problematic) family dynamics and interpersonal relationships with weird neighbors, but that ultimately attempt to achieve some kind of 50s' style "wholesomeness" that may appear to be highly idealized nostalgia or a little bit Stepfordian to modern audiences?

No, you idiot! It's that they're missing Adolf Hitler!

But don't worry, because Heil Honey, I'm Home! has got us covered.

Wat

Heil Honey, I'm Home was a 1990 British comedy "series" written by Geoff Atkinson. Though there were eight episodes recorded, the show was canceled after one episode and the remaining ones have been lost.

The premise is that Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun are a 50s style sitcom couple who have to deal with their neighbors, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein. The Goldsteins are a very stereotypical Jewish couple, and Adolf dislikes them immensely, though not specifically because of their Judaism, but because they are the sitcom-style annoying neighbors.

The plot of the first (and only available) episode is that Neville Chamberlain is coming over for dinner to discuss the Peace for our time agreement, and Hiter doesn't want the Goldsteins knowing about it and inviting themselves over. Eva Braun, a stereotypical 50s housewife, immediately tells Rosa Goldstein, who tells her husband, and the two of them show up to dinner with their niece Ruth. Shenanigans ensue.

Why?

The show is clearly meant to be a parody of early American domestic comedies. It was meant to be horrible and cringy, but that was supposed to make it funny, the way The Office and Arrested Development are. Unfortunately, audiences found it less "cringe comedy" and more "in bad taste." You can mock and trivialize Nazis, such as in The Producers, but you have to actually be funny about it, and it helps if Hitler isn't the character you're supposed to sympathize with.

While you can point to the vaguely antisemitic portrayal of the Goldsteins, the jokes about the Holocaust, or the fact that Adolf Hitler is the protagonist, the show likely failed because, novelty aside, it was just a boring sitcom.

The one episode that was aired can be watched here.