I am going to do my best to put into words a feeling that I experience sometimes - a feeling I have experienced recently. The problem is the words are hard to find, as it is a most unusual feeling and one I've never heard anybody else talk about.

Sometimes while sitting around - at the computer, if you will - I'll get the odd sensation that I am no longer completely part of the world. I'll feel like I'm somehow above it and I'll experience what I can only describe as a vibration. It's not exactly a vibration, but that's the best word that I can use to describe this feeling of my relationship with my body and the rest of the world. Anyway, also accompanying this is a notion that I am suddenly seeing, hearing, feeling the word partially objectively, seeing it, at least somewhat, for what it really is - seeing it in a way that nobody else - and I, most of the time - cannot.

This creates a little light-headedness - again this is the best term I can come up with for it is not exactly what you would think of as feeling light-headed. I continue to function normally while this is going on - I just keep typing along or whatever I'm doing. But, as I described earlier, for several moments I'll feel partially detached from my body and the world. My body becomes more of a thing that just responds to my commands and it is not actually me. For that brief moment it is just part of the world I am somewhat seeing objectively.

An obvious comparison to this is that it is like I am having an out of body experience as some individuals claim to experience sometimes. But no, it's not like that - well, I don't think it is, as I have never had that particular experience. I don't feel like I am floating above and out of my body and up to the ceiling or sky. It's more of just a feeling of viewing reality differently. I hesitate to say it is enlightenment, as I don't fear very enlightened afterward.

I just feel...strange.

If anybody else has experienced this, please /msg me. I have only talked to one other person who has.