Days Four, Five and Six

Strattera, Day Seven:

Yesterday was horrible.

Not the whole day, but after I took the Strattera it sucked. I took it later than I had been taking it, like around six o'clock as opposed to 3-5 o'clock. I took it right before cooking dinner. About 3/4 of the way through the heartburn attacked me bad and I felt nausea for the first time since the first day, so bad that I almost did vomit. I had to say the meal was done and go run off, get away from the smell of the food frying (I was cooking burgers - these premade frozen patties that looked really good on the box but weren't actually so good - and fries).

I felt like crying again, pretty much did, but I can't be sure if it was the pain or another mood swing. All I know is that I had to just run to my bedroom and lay doubled over in my bed in the dark. It felt like my insides were going crazy. The heartburn was so bad it actually felt like there was something wrong with my heart. It was so bad that I am actually not sure if my heart was going wonky or not.

It passed, though. Later I could actually eat. What was odd, though, was that even though I felt like dying I still got yelled at for not cooking all of the mushrooms.

I hadn't been taking anything but some Tums for the heartburn. It's been suggested to me several times "Why am I not taking Prilosec?" or why didn't my doctor suggest or prescribe something for it? Well, each day the heartburn lessened and I figured I could handle it. I just didn't want to take even more pills. But if I have another experience like that I'll probably rethink that.

I did some more reading up on Strattera. Apparently it does cause lots of folks mood swings. Most complained it made him or her more irritable. This one particular Wiki Answers I’d found had mostly parents posting complaining about the effects on their children. Some of them were quite awful. I think that with children doctors should just stick with Ritalin or Adderall.

As far as helping my ADD, I was good at remembering stuff this morning, more than I think I normally would at least. So that's good.


Hey, it was actually a bit chilly this morning when I walked out the door. The air was crisp. Man I love that, that first whisper of Fall. It is truly a beautiful day, just like it was on September 11th six years ago.


OK So it's 9/11. It's the first time it's fell on a Tuesday since the initial attacks. I should say something. But I don't want to say what's been said a million times before. So I'll say something I haven't heard anybody say in exactly these words: to all those people who think we deserved it, or the Falwells or Robertsons who thought it was God punishing us, or to anybody who thought it was a good thing for any reason: there is something very wrong with you and I hope that you come either to realize your error, or that when you die and go to Hell (if it exists) you get to see your 9/11 hijacker friends because I'm pretty sure they're there as well.

I wish I had the answers to your questions, borgette.

Day 8 >>