She was about to go off into another room with some guy, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She looked at me as if I was strange, as if she was doing nothing wrong. I hadn't seen them, but she seemed to be all over him.

I pulled her away, and we were walking, some kind of casino, and we were talking. She doesn't think our relationship can last unless we see other people, sleep with other people, some kind of open relationship. I couldn't understand why she was saying these things, but she seemed to think everything was absolutely normal.

'There's no chance for us if I want an exclusive relationship?' I asked, through tears of confusion.

'No, I don't think so.'

We continued walking, possibly in silence, possibly with me begging her to reconsider, wondering why she would be doing this and where we had gone wrong, knowing it would never be the same again.




Waking up to find her next to me, sleeping peacefully and looking so incredibly beautiful, was an incredible relief. Everything is fine, I'm in a perfect relationship with somebody I love and trust with all my heart.

It worries me, though. Why would I dream something like that?

back to October 22, 2001 | on to October 23, 2001