Thunderstruck is the first song on AC/DC’s album The Razor's Edge. This single topped the charts at #5 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks in 1990. Little did they know years later that it would turn into a binge drinking game on college campuses across the United States.

The drinking game is dubbed “Thunderstruck”. This game was introduced to me my freshman year of college at Michigan State University by a few fellow upper classmen. And it goes a little something like this…

Once the opening guitar is heard at the beginning of the song everyone within an ear shot must grab an extra beer and round up into a circle. Players of the game alternate chugging an alcoholic beverage (a beer is recommended) around the circle every time the word “Thunder” is said during the song. There are 33 times when you are able to hear “Thunder” during the 4:52 studio version of the song, with two 51 second breaks where one person must chug their drink until the next "Thunder" is said. These solos are between the 16th “Thunder” to the 17th, as well as the 20th to the 21st.  At the end of the song everyone raises there beverage of choice in the air, makes a cheers, and shouts “1, 2, 3…Drink that shit bitch!” and that signals the end of the “Thunderstruck” round.