The moment when you're at work, bringing food to someone you know from the past and they don't recognize you and you say something to trigger their recognition anyway. Later, you realize that the last time you saw that person the situation was eerily similar: a different restaurant, a different table, and that back then you said the exact same thing.

When we affirm that the work we do is as important as the play we pursue, we begin to live more fully. That the one reflects the other as the sun to the moon.

There are things you do for money and there are things you do for love. Today the choice is between working like you don't need the money and loving like you've never been hurt. Is the difference really real, though? Has the question been asked too many times before?

Today, I wrote a series of affirmations on the back of tiny slips of papers and tucked each thought under windshield wipers stopped in traffic. No, not really. But it is a nice thought.

Sliding down the railing, crossing off the fixation. Listening for the storm at port.  Reaching past the pat answer to tap the shoulder with a shudder. The truth dangled like a participle unhinged. 

I don't know about you, but I prefer to keep my illusions intact the bear growled into the growler.