Our first date, Friday night; I met her at her house (and met her dog) and we talked for a while. We held hands. I was incredibly nervous and at the same time, very excited. After a while, she finally kissed me. She kissed me! "I knew you wanted me to kiss you", she said. I can tell it has been a while since she has kissed some one - she told me it has been three years since she's been with anyone, in any sensual capacity. Her kisses were hesitant, shy, teasing, closed and small. I was with M. on Tuesday, today is Friday, and I am kissing my first woman. It's really different, so soft, yet of course, it's also the same.

We talked some more and drove to the restaurant near her house, a cute little co-op with home made food and two women playing acoustic music on the stage. We kissed more in the car before we got out. It was heaven. We got food, and ate some of it, somehow. I couldn't stop looking in her eyes. It struck me how unfair and awful this culture is, that you have to decide if you are going to hold hands or not, or where you are going to sit in a restaurant to keep down the stares.

That was certainly educational. I don't know anything about gay culture, obviously, much less lesbian culture, so I have a lot to learn. I want to go to more lesbian things and meet more of them; it feels really important.