user since
Tue Mar 16 1999 at 15:50:17 (25 years ago )
last seen
Fri Mar 15 2024 at 23:17:47 (3.3 days ago )
number of write-ups
943 - View e2reneta's writeups (feed)
level / experience
27 (Vizier) / 38967
C!s spent
1870
mission drive within everything
impertinence
specialties
since March 2002, sawing wood
motto
Write without pay until somebody offers to pay you. If nobody offers within three years, sawing wood is what you were intended for
most recent writeup
oblivion
Send private message to e2reneta

 

Found poetry, from the online version of the Berkeley Public Library catalog:

You've never seen everything.

You've only got three seconds.

You've stolen my heart.

 


This is to be a collection without order, taken from many papers, which I have copied here, hoping afterwards to arrange them according to the subjects of which they treat; for which, O reader, blame me not, because the subjects of the world are many, and memory cannot retain them.

Seeing that I cannot choose any subject of great utility or pleasure, because my predecessors have already taken as their own all useful and necessary themes, I will do like one who, because of his poverty, is the last to arrive at the fair, and not being able otherwise to provide himself, chooses all the things which others have already looked over and not taken, but refused as being of little value. With these despised and rejected wares-- the leavings of many buyers, I will load my modest pack, and therewith take my course, distributing these gifts, not indeed among the great cities, but among the mean hamlets, and taking such reward as befits the thing I offer.

The Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci