user since
Wed Apr 16 2008 at 21:17:57 (15.9 years ago )
last seen
Mon Feb 4 2019 at 10:04:12 (5.1 years ago )
number of write-ups
64 - View gin soaked's writeups (feed)
level / experience
7 (Chronicler) / 3511
mission drive within everything
To make you wish that was your last meal.
specialties
cooking, recipes and drinking gin.
school/company
Kitchen via gin palace
motto
Did you like it? Have another.
most recent writeup
Salmon with a leek and broad bean sauce
Send private message to gin soaked

The Debutante is still very much cooking and writing recipes. If you would like to keep a track of what's happening in her kitchen, the best place to do it is here, at justanothercookerytumblr.



Once upon a time this was a joint account for The Debutante and La petite mort. We used it to record our recipes and ask people for feedback on them. Things change, though, and now it is more of a repository for DEB's recipes. Still, she'd appreciate knowing what you think of them.




Do you spit or swallow
our recipes?

This is a joint account for The Débutante and La petite mort, to test and try out our recipes.

If G-d had intended us to follow recipes,
He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
Linda Henley

To educate the palate is to educate the soul.
Jewish proverb

We value your feedback, feel free to tell us what worked and what did not and if you liked our recipes! If you'd prefer to offer your constructive criticism via a medium that's a little more forgiving than /msg, we can be reached at ginsoaked (at) rocketmail (dot) com.

A quick note on our terminology and measurements. La petite mort is Australian. The Débutante is British. Consequently, you will find us referring to foods and cookery terms as we feel comfortable. (For example, DEB prefers aubergine to eggplant, and courgette to zucchini.) However, we do make the effort to link to alternative names and to explanations. Cups aren't used in British cookery and Australian cups are different from American cups, so as a general rule, they are not a part of our recipe-writing vocabulary. What you will have, though, are recipes with metric measurements and their imperial equivalents. If something isn't clear, or if you aren't sure what we mean, please: ask us.