This will be short as I am trying to get back into the routine of getting to bed early, but I really missed writing so now that I have the chance I'm going to be putting my thoughts down again. Thanksgiving went pretty well despite the family argument over who voted for which candidate. I have family members who voted for both candidates as well as those who wrote in others. Everyone has the right to vote as they see fit, I don't believe that others should attack people who voted differently than they do, but there are very strong feelings on a variety of issues and it's understandable that there will be hurt feelings and sensitivity. It was good to see my family again. I'm glad I went even though I felt like staying home today.

Things have been going well at work. It's not perfect, no job ever is, but I got a raise after my review which was secondary compared to what my peers and manager wrote about me. Those comments will become part of my permanant file, and I will always love my manager for going to people who know me well enough to speak highly of the work I am doing there. Yesterday I went shopping for some warmer clothes. Our counter is directly across from the doors, there's a loop that people can make as they enter and leave the store, drafty air chills us and I've been cold at work lately so I decided warmer clothes were in order. While I was shopping I saw that the store was hiring someone for their outdoor furniture sales. Tempting, but I really like the job that I have and doubt this would pay substantially more.

I tried the online dating thing and finally ended up deleting the Tinder app. I still love the guy who has admitted he's been hurt and has to focus on himself. After a week of not talking to him and going out with other guys I decided it wasn't fair to them and gave up on all of them except for the two platonic friends that I managed to keep. I went out with one, the other one and I realize that we have no chemistry, are not each other's types if that's a thing, and enjoy being supportive friends instead of striving for a romance that we know neither of us really want. I'm grateful for these additions to my circle of friends even though one of them is an alcoholic and I don't know how to feel about that. Glad I'm not in a relationship with anyone who has chemical dependency issues, would much rather be single than deal with that.

Will try to post more later, extremely tired tonight after a long day of food I don't normally eat and some tense situations after supper. Praying that this finds you well, I've missed writing and my friends here even though I don't contribute much anymore, I still think of this place fondly, like the couch I will never get rid of simply because it's comfortable and there for me in times of crisis and celebration.

Xoxo,

Jess