A 2001 Spike Lee Joint.

In this flick, Pierre Delacroix (Damon Wayans)is an African American telivision writer working for the man. As protest, he creates a poliot for a modern day minstral show. Much to his surprise and dismay, his boss loves the idea, and the show, "Mantan and the new millenium Mintstal Show," become a huge hit. In the process, the show's stars and creators must face every ugly setreotype and myth our culture has built up around being black in America.

This piece is beautifully crafted, often touching and disquieting at the same time. Lee's story tells his auidence loud and clear how he feels about black entertainment in America. His raw lanuage and brutal violence asks much of the viewer. When is it okay to start laughing? Is that laughter premature?

My favorite line in this whole flick was said by Paul Moony, who played Delacroix's aging comedian father Junebug. Pierre asks him why he still uses the word "nigger," when he knows how damaging it is. He replies, "I say Nigger a hundred times each morning, just to keep my teeth white."

Also stars Jada Pinkett Smith, Savion Glover, Tommy Davidson...

You will be ashamed watching this.

I highly recomend this movie.