dannye:
[Rush Limbaugh ] will be looked upon as the Will Rogers of this age...
Will Rogers:
I never met a man I didn't like.

I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it.

I do not belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so.

Rush Limbaugh:
Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog? -- camera cuts to Rush Limbaugh holding up a picture of the then 13-year old Chelsea Clinton

Responding to a black caller: Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.

Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult ; it's an invitation.

There is hyperbole, and then there is HYPERBOLE! When I think of Will Rogers, I conjure a picture of a cowboy standing on stage performing rope-tricks with a mild patter of homespun humor. Will Rogers was never vindictive or mean. He was affable, laughable, and he poked fun at everybody - including himself. Will especially liked to make fun of politicians, and though he was a Democrat, his jibes were rarely aimed at individuals, but made fun of all politicians.

The essence of Will Rogers was humility, sincerity, and a genuine love and respect for his fellow man. Rush Limbaugh posesses none of these qualities. Indeed, he is their antithesis. He is the epitome of self-promotion, arrogance, and disdain. The truth is something Rush quickly disregards or ignores if it doesn't fit his agenda.

Rush is a pill-popping hypocrite, the guy selling the Brooklyn Bridge. There are thousands of people Rush vehemently dislikes - whether he's met them or not. Rush hasn't the personal security to make fun of himself, he's always bragging. Whatever Rush says is the truth, the veritable word of God, more infallible than the Pope.

Indeed, the two men are almost polar opposites - and there is one piece of wisdom that Will Rogers used to give that Rush should definitely learn to heed:

Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Dittos, Will.