As we get into bed for the evening she beckons me over and says "lets talk". I can't remember how we got onto the subject but it seems like a good time and I broach the subject of how 2 1/2 years ago I slept with a guy, my best friend, while I was away on holiday. This was in retrospect a bad thing to do as although it gets her off my back about me being a boy virgin, her being such a wonderful fag hag and all. Now I’m going to have to put up with weeks of sighs ,tears and bad communication from her.

Note to myself, when she asks “How are you”
She really means “Ask me how I am”

What I cannot get over is how this matters so much when it’s over, it’s done. We were barely going out at the time. Its so long ago, yet somehow it matters. In the face of unrelenting love, respect and togetherness since. I should have known that it would matter, as she is the left side of our collective brain, the side that has feelings about things when I am the logical right half. Always thinking, evaluating, knowing, or not knowing it seems. Later I may look upon this as the straw that broke the camels back but really Im not sure what the rest of the load was.

“You never talk to me”
I think it’s the other way round